[Foundation-l] Wikiquote

Casey Brown cbrown1023.ml at gmail.com
Wed Sep 10 21:27:32 UTC 2008

On Wed, Sep 10, 2008 at 5:20 PM, Mike Godwin <mgodwin at wikimedia.org> wrote:

> If we were contacted by a copyright holder with a complaint about
> Wikiquote, of course, we would attempt to respond within reason to
> resolve the complaint without anyone's having to resort to
> litigation.  The Digital Millennium Copyright Act actually provides
> for services like Wikiquote a way of resolving copyright complaints
> without serious risk of litigation through its notice-and-takedown
> procedures. I'm not aware of any DMCA notices regarding Seinfeld
> quotations on Wikiquote.

We also make it easy for these copyright holders to contact us.  We have a
"Contact Wikiquote" link on the sidebar of all our pages which links to <
http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Wikiquote:Contact_us>.  On that page, they find
they are able to report copyright violations via private e-mail (to our OTRS
queue) or on a wikipage.

--
Casey Brown
Cbrown1023