[Foundation-l] Wikiquote: to be, or not to be

John Vandenberg jayvdb at gmail.com
Mon Sep 8 04:59:24 UTC 2008

There is a discussion on Meta to disband Wikiquote, or at least
consider the problems it faces and how to move forward.

http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Metapub/On_disbanding_Wikiquote

So far it is mostly people who have doubts about its utility, so
broader participation is desirable.  I appreciate that this is not
going to be a pleasant discussion for regular contributors to
Wikiquote, but I see it as a worthwhile discussion, even if it only to
re-affirm the community support for having a quote project now that
the encyclopedia and library project are rapidly encroaching on its
territory.

--
John Vandenberg