[Foundation-l] First-ever Wikimedia Foundation Annual Report

Gerard Meijssen gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Fri Oct 31 08:00:35 UTC 2008

Hoi Jay,
What I would love is more and better information on what we do to support
other languages. In the annual report for instance it says that we support
100 languages. In actual fact it is much more, 298 is the current number for
languages and scripts that are supported on Betawiki...

I really want to get into a dialogue with the WMF on how it supports other
languages. There is a lot of interest for other languages round about half
our traffic is not in English... I spend a lot of energy into supporting
other languages and currently I am not impressed by the support given other
then the hosting itself. It is also very much that there is nothing in the
WMF that supports it. The language committee for instance is ONLY about the
support for *new *languages.
Thanks,
      Gerard

http://translatewiki.net/wiki/Translating:Group_statistics