[Foundation-l] Hungarian Wikinews licence

Bence Damokos bdamokos at gmail.com
Wed Oct 22 21:27:26 UTC 2008

On Wed, Oct 22, 2008 at 11:20 PM, Erik Moeller <erik at wikimedia.org> wrote:

> 2008/10/22 Bence Damokos <bdamokos at gmail.com>:
> > Could you please look at the footer of hu.wikinews.org ; if it is a
> > misunderstanding, I would be really glad, but on the other hand all the
> > older contributions would have to be sorted out
>
> We can't really help you decide whether you are comfortable to switch
> license, but I assume with a small community like hu.wikinews.org it
> should be relatively easy to find consensus, and things can always be
> removed if individual people object later. If I'm not mistaken the
> licensing messages live outside the MediaWiki: namespace so can only
> be changed by a developer. When you're ready to do so, please file a
> request on bugzilla.wikimedia.org to change the licensing info.

 Thank you, I will bring up the issue with the community.
Could you, or someone on the list make a recommendation, what would be the
ideal licence (e.g. CC-BY 2.5; 3.0; 2.5 and later; CC-BY-SA) to keep
compatibility with the other Wikinewses and to have a desirable license that
can be promoted for adoption by other news outlets to allow cooperation.

Best regards,
Bence