[Foundation-l] The license situation

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Sun Oct 19 18:19:22 UTC 2008

2008/10/19 John at Darkstar <vacuum at jeb.no>:

> I hope no one seeriously consider using that site for defining what
> writers on Wikipedia means about free cultural works. If so, then
> someone should think through very carefully how the comunity operates
> and how it will react on something like this.

I think you're about eighteen months late in saying so:

http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Resolution:Licensing_policy

Of course, some of "the community" have ideas on what licenses mean
that are frankly on crack. We've had people make admin on en:wp
without understanding that GFDL works they create can be used outside
Wikimedia.

- d.