[Foundation-l] Wikipedia disclaimers

Jussi-Ville Heiskanen cimonavaro at gmail.com
Wed Oct 15 11:47:40 UTC 2008

Nikola Smolenski wrote:
> Platonides wrote:
>
>> @Nikola: Although almost every country contries have a "right to cite",
>> US Fair use has a greater scope than most of them. But I'd prefer not to
>> enter into Fair use discussion issues.
>>

> Yes, however some Wikipedias appear not to follow even the right to cite
> their countries have.

Do you mean in terms of breaching the right to cite applicability
limits, or in terms of not making full use of (the - more restrictive
than US fair use provisions - but nevertheless extant) their countrys
right to cite exceptions to the strict interpretation of copyright law.

I could see that there might easily be both types of situations.
In fact I would be surprised if there was no wikipedia that was
paranoid that way.

Yours,

Jussi-Ville Heiskanen