[Foundation-l] On Arabic and sub-language proposals.

Chad innocentkiller at gmail.com
Thu Oct 9 15:36:42 UTC 2008

On Thu, Oct 9, 2008 at 11:25 AM, Muhammad Alsebaey <shipmaster at gmail.com>wrote:

> [snip]

In my mind, the best way to go about those languages is wait and see if
> their
> actual speakers adopt them as written and THEN grant them wikipedias. i.e,
> have one of the rules (beside having the sacred ISO code) be ' The
> proposers
> should point to a substantial body of written literature' or something like
> that.

Good luck getting everyone to decide what is "substantial." Some would
consider a single long-running magazine to be evidence, others would
require a library of books.

I mean hell, we can't even come to an agreement on what's considered
"notable," much less what is considered "substantial."

-Chad