[Foundation-l] foundation-l Digest, Vol 55, Issue 16

Roberto Corda roberto.ilcorda at gmail.com
Sun Oct 5 12:04:36 UTC 2008

> However, go to en.wp, read essays [1] there and you will see a lot of
> very POV articles. And while those articles are inside of Wikipedia:
> name space and reasonably worded they are not a problem.

* CPOV does not exist (as a official policy)
* Absit injuria verbis en.wiki is chaotic  (it is, sorry ) and there's
no valid logical proof which say something like:

"is ok for en.wiki so must be ok for all wikies"

> The sense of the introduction [2] in the document is a romantic in
> favor of promoting local languages against cultural imperialism.

No. You are thinking like imperialist here: the point is *not* good
ol' time when man was a man and anglosaxon lived in their country and
"we" speak our languags. They was saying (they remove) that their
pourpose as wikipedians is fight diffusion of english as worldwide
language.

If you are still thinking that this is coherent with wikipedia
something wrong is happening here.

> English Wikipedia has stronger statements about freedom of knowledge

That statements are WMF/wikipedia/wikipedians official POV. Sorry but
is different.

> Message: 10
> Date: Sun, 5 Oct 2008 09:43:14 +0200
> From: "Gerard Meijssen" <gerard.meijssen a gmail.com>
> Hoi,

<quote>
> When the Piedmontese Wikipedia is of the opinion that Italian or English is
> in principle not welcome, I think they are in their right to say so.
</quote>

Thats why I think that lang come should be closed or, at least
reformed with different people: this is non sense in my POV.

--
Meno male
che Silvio c'è