[Foundation-l] Wikimedia Hungary

Bence Damokos bdamokos at gmail.com
Sat Oct 4 19:50:13 UTC 2008

The long planned Hungarian chapter has been founded by 20 members on the 27
September, and we have handed in our court application on the 29th.The court
registration process in Hungary might be quite long (all in all up to 3
months), before we become operational.

After the Chapters Committee and the Metropolitan Court of Budapest approves
our bylaws,we would like to do everything to further the Foundation's
mission in Hungary, and to have a close working relationship with the other
chapters, to organise events, workshops and activities inside and with
cooperation outside Hungary. Also we would like to lobby for a friendly
change in the legal atmosphere to loosen copyright restrictions together
with the also newly found Hungarian Creative Commons Association.

We would like to thank everyone who has helped us come so far, and those
whose further help will allow us to take our place in the family of
Chapters.

You can find out more at our page on meta:
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimédia_Magyarország<http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikim%C3%A9dia_Magyarorsz%C3%A1g>
.

Best regards,
Bence Damokos