[Foundation-l] Strategy document?

Aryeh Gregor Simetrical+wikilist at gmail.com
Fri Oct 3 22:06:53 UTC 2008

On Fri, Oct 3, 2008 at 6:05 PM, Nikola Smolenski <smolensk at eunet.yu> wrote:
> There is one document that would be very useful if it would exist.
>
> Suppose that I would like a feature added to MediaWiki and activated on
> Wikimedia projects. It could be a feature coded by me, or something that I
> just imagine and would like someone else to make. What is the procedure for
> doing it?

1) File a bug at bugzilla.wikimedia.org.

2) Harass everyone you can dig up who might be able to help you with
it.  Annoy them just enough that they're constantly reminded of it and
are impressed with your persistence, but not enough that they put you
on their ignore lists.

3) Hope someone pays attention someday.