[Foundation-l] Language codes to rename

Amir E. Aharoni amir.aharoni at gmail.com
Thu Nov 27 10:26:58 UTC 2008

On Thu, Nov 27, 2008 at 10:08 AM, Gerard Meijssen
<gerard.meijssen at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hoi,
> That is not how things are. Against the protest of some the mo.wikipedia was
> locked. The request was not for locking but for complete removal.
>
> The notion that just because some people want to edit a wiki in any
> linguistic entity they can have their project is flatly wrong. There are
> requirements that exist for new languages and new projects. When these are
> not met, such a request will not be granted.
> Thanks,
>     GerardM

All the discussions about Moldovan are unbearably repetitive...

I respect the rules. I tried to simplify things.

Moldovan satisfies rules 1 and 2 of "Requisites for eligibility". It
fails rule 3 ("different written form"), but so do sr/hr/bs/sh and
be/be-x-old.

It may or may not satisfy rule 4, but that can be proved in the
Incubator; that's my attempt at simplification.

The recognition of this language in Transnistria and the recognition
of Transnistrita itself are completely irrelevant to the discussion.

--
Amir Elisha Aharoni

heb: http://haharoni.wordpress.com | eng: http://aharoni.wordpress.com
cat: http://aprenent.wordpress.com | rus: http://amire80.livejournal.com