[Foundation-l] Site Notices Phase 2 - Annual Fundraiser 2008

Casey Brown cbrown1023.ml at gmail.com
Wed Nov 26 01:30:23 UTC 2008

On Tue, Nov 25, 2008 at 7:47 PM, Nathan <nawrich at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 25, 2008 at 7:19 PM, Rand Montoya <rmontoya at wikimedia.org>wrote:
>> The Quotes site notice will have 6 different quotes (all translated, we hope) rotated in.
>
> I don't know - I think it would be interesting, at least on the English
> Wikipedia, to see some quotes in other languages. It would reinforce to the
> people who see quotes in Chinese or Russian that Wikimedia is an
> international project with broadly global goals.

Normally I would agree with you.  Last year, I was *all* for putting
as many language quotes on the sitenotices as possible.  However, if
we are only going to have 6 quotes and they are going to be show-cased
in such a large way (as opposed to a little line below the "people
mover"), we should probably have them in the local language.

--
Casey Brown
Cbrown1023

---