[Foundation-l] The Wkii Way

Jimmy Wales jwales at wikia-inc.com
Tue Nov 25 23:09:07 UTC 2008

Marc Riddell wrote:
> on 11/25/08 5:35 PM, Jimmy Wales at jwales at wikia-inc.com wrote:
>
>  lots of independent
>> action loosely coordinated... the wiki way).
>>
> Jimmy,
>
> In this type of "loosely coordinated" situation, how do you prevent the more
> aggressive persons from dominating a project?

I am unaware of any chapters having a problem with aggressive people
dominating.  Normally, though, I would say that lots of independent
action loosely coordinated is a really good way to route around
aggressive people.  If we are worried about aggressive people
dominating, then we want to avoid structures and social customs that
allow for top-down authoritarianism as the primary mode of operation.

--Jimbo