[Foundation-l] Explanation related to the license migration needed

Milos Rancic millosh at gmail.com
Sun Nov 16 23:42:00 UTC 2008

On Sun, Nov 16, 2008 at 5:51 PM, Thomas Dalton <thomas.dalton at gmail.com> wrote:
>> BTW, I am not the only person who is working on the site, but it is a
>> very small group of people and editing is not open to the world.
>
> In that case, you can just get explicit permission from each of them
> to do whatever it is you need to do, so there shouldn't be a problem.

I realized now what is the main problem. The issue wouldn't be newer
or older version of the Wikipedia article because all older versions
will be dual licensed in the future (of course, if it would be a
decision).

The main problem is importing GFDL materials to my project and
treating them as GFDL-only. So, even article is GFDL-only, every
author (even it is a small number of them, not all of them are my
friends reachable by phone call) should agree to give permissions
under CC-BY-SA, too to Wikipedia (until the end of transition) "if
Wikipedia moves to dual licensing".

BTW, it would be really useful to write some short manual for GFDL and
other wikis: what means what and what would be the best to do
according to the possible transition of Wikipedia to the specific
dual-licensing.