[Foundation-l] List Syndication Service reboot

phoebe ayers phoebe.wiki at gmail.com
Sun Nov 16 08:14:12 UTC 2008

Hi ya'll,

You may remember way that back in mid-2006 user:Improv started up the
List Syndication Service:
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/LSS

This was an ongoing weekly summary of the mailing lists, particularly
Foundation-L. It was carried on for a good while by Improv and was
then taken on by BirgetteSB, but was dropped in early 2007 and not
picked back up.

I always thought this was a great idea that should be continued. And
so finally, I've taken a stab at recreating and rebooting LSS:
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/LSS/foundation-l-archives/2008_November_2-15

This update covers from November 2-15 (two weeks, Sun. to Sat.) of
Foundation-L. I've made some changes from previous summarizers:
* summary by topic, not date; related threads grouped together
* no attempt to read and distill the content of posts -- instead
simply noting what topics were discussed. It was the heavy burden of
reading and understanding all the (quite complex) threads on the lists
that I believe led previous summarizers to burn out. For this summary,
if you want to know more, you have to read the threads yourself.

I hope that this will prove helpful in pointing out *what* was
discussed, particularly for people who don't have time to read the
whole list, even if the substance isn't there.

I make no promises, but will attempt to keep up with foundation-l for
a while. Suggestions, feedback, helpers, etc. all welcome.

best,
-- phoebe

<at> gmail.com *