[Foundation-l] Donation banner and strongly negative reactions

Florence Devouard Anthere9 at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 8 08:31:49 UTC 2008

Nathan wrote:
> It was pointed out to me that my bit in this thread was quoted out of
> context on a website called valleywag. It doesn't seem like that particular
> publication is likely to have a sterling reputation for accuracy, but my
> apologies to the folks whose good work was denigrated none the less.
>
> Nathan

Hmmm, I hope that you do not take this as a strong signal that from now
on, you should not raise issues anymore in public.

WalleyWag is paper toilet. That's useful, but that's often dirty and
goes down the drain very quickly.
Most people who read that kind of stuff know that there is always a bit
of truth in it, and always a lot of exageration. And they take the
content with a bit of salt.

The worse that can happen is not WalleyWag making exaggeration. It is
people stopping to talk, discuss, claim, complain, raise issues etc...
publicly, because of the fear the toilet paper will absorb the worse.

Ant