[Foundation-l] GFDL 1.3 Release

Erik Moeller erik at wikimedia.org
Mon Nov 3 23:21:13 UTC 2008

2008/11/3 geni <geniice at gmail.com>:
> What are the terms of the agreement? There are various ways of
> implementing duel licensing and I would like to know which ones are
> legit.

[begin quote from Richard]
* ALL contributors agree to the following:

  Wikipedia can release their newly written text
  under both GFDL and CC-BY-SA in parallel.
  However, if they imported any external material
  that's available under CC-BY-SA and not under GFDL,
  Wikipedia is bound by that.

* All old revisions are released under GFDL | CC-BY-SA.

* All new revisions are released with this license statement:

  This page is released under CC-BY-SA.
  Depending on its editing history, it MAY also be available under
  the GFDL; see [link] for how to determine that.
[end quote from Richard]

This is not set in stone; we can modify some aspects of it in
consultation with FSF as long as the overall spirit remains intact.
--
Erik Möller
Deputy Director, Wikimedia Foundation