[Foundation-l] GNU FDL 1.3 released!

Erik Moeller erik at wikimedia.org
Mon Nov 3 16:26:24 UTC 2008

2008/11/3 Nathan <nawrich at gmail.com>:
> Referring to:
>
> "An MMC is "eligible for relicensing" if it is licensed under this License,
> and if all works that were first published under this License somewhere
> other than this MMC, and subsequently incorporated in whole or in part into
> the MMC, (1) had no cover texts or invariant sections, and (2) were thus
> incorporated prior to November 1, 2008."
>
> I get the feeling that your reading of this section is not completely
> accurate.

That's correct. Changes originating in the wiki to be relicensed can
still be relicensed past November 1, in fact until the 2009 deadline
for relicensing. I haven't checked the FAQ (we didn't receive an
advance copy of it), but it is possible that it doesn't correctly
reflect this point.

More later,
Erik
--