[Foundation-l] Fwd: ISO 639 JAC decision re mo/mol

Mark Williamson node.ue at gmail.com
Mon Nov 3 14:27:20 UTC 2008

I think the reasonable thing to do would be to move it to a new
subdomain that indicates it is "rum" in Cyrillic, although I think
that particular written language, usually known as Moldovan or even
Cyrillic Moldovan, should have its own ISO code.  Of course it is kind
of a moot point right now as there are no active contributors (as it
is locked) and no native speakers have requested an unlocking, but I
think at some point, the idea of the script converter should be
revived. It would not be too difficult, and although it might offend
some people's political sensitivities, I don't seewhy we should bend
over backwards for that instead of serving a particular population
adequately.

Mark