[Foundation-l] "Expertise" board seats: the NomCom invites your feedback

Thomas Dalton thomas.dalton at gmail.com
Mon Nov 3 11:51:22 UTC 2008

> I would personally be okay with discussing the appointment
> processus in public, but I don't see much value in having a public
> foundation-l-type discussion on whom we appoint

Agreed. The question of what the process is going to be is a separate
question to the one of who will be appointed to the chapter seats.
We're only on the former at the moment and there is no need to
restrict that (although I would advise against trying to form a
consensus of the general community or holding a general vote or
whatever - the final decision on what to forward to the WMF board
should be made by the chapter boards). Who gets to take part in
appointing people is part of the process and shouldn't be discussed at
this stage (otherwise we'll end up with discussion split over multiple
venues).