[Foundation-l] Testing

Ryan wiki.ral315 at gmail.com
Sat May 31 05:30:32 UTC 2008

On Fri, May 30, 2008 at 11:25 AM, Marc Riddell <michaeldavid86 at comcast.net>
wrote:

> Folks,
>
> Please bear with me while I run a test of my e-mail service. Comcast has
> been having problems for the past 24 hours & for some reason I haven't
> received any posts from any of the various WP-related Mailing Lists.

I'm sending this to the whole list, in case anyone else is wondering why
this may have happened to them.  Comcast's e-mail server's DNS records were
briefly hijacked over the past few days:

http://news.cnet.com/8301-10784_3-9956165-7.html?tag=bl

This is probably what your problem was.  E-mails sent by the mailing list
would almost certainly not have reached you during this outage.  Corrected
DNS records should have circulated by now, and hopefully all Comcast users
should be able to access their e-mail.

--
[[User:Ral315]]