[Foundation-l] A new proposal regarding US chapters

Jussi-Ville Heiskanen cimonavaro at gmail.com
Wed May 7 02:33:43 UTC 2008

Jimmy Wales wrote:
> I don't find this line of thought compelling at all.  There is no need
> for a separate legal national organization, and indeed this would be
> confusing and counter-productive.
>
> I can see an argument for US chapters not need a legal organization at
> all (just use the Foundation for this), and I can see an argument for
> each of them having their own legal organization (this seems better to
> me), but I can't see having one non-Foundation organization for multiple
> chapters.

Just out of curiosity, what are your thoughts on Mike Snows suggestion
of a single "at large" chapter for all wikipedians of all nationalities
not yet represented by a chapter or their very own. I noticed you didn't
comment on it directly when Mike alluded to the possibility.

Yours;

Jussi-Ville Heiskanen