[Foundation-l] Modification of the official board election page

Casey Brown cbrown1023.ml at gmail.com
Sat May 3 14:35:29 UTC 2008

On Sat, May 3, 2008 at 2:19 AM, Yaroslav M. Blanter <putevod at mccme.ru> wrote:
>  While I agree with all the above, I have the following question: Is it
>  stated somewhere that only the English original has a legitimate power? I
>  mean, the translators are doing their best, but there is no way the
>  translations will be read with the same care as the original; for
>  instance, they will never be read by a professional lawyer. Shouldn't it
>  be a disclaimer on every translated page stating that all legal claims can
>  only be addressed towards the English text? I am not sure I want somebody
>  suing me because in Russian translation I unwillingly omitted a comma.
>
>  Cheers
>  Yaroslav

It shouldn't be that big of a deal, I don't see anything too "legally"
in there.

But if there *is* something very legal in there, then your idea is
probably a good one.  We do the same on Foundation wiki for
translations of policies.
<http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Template:Disclaimer_for_translation>

--
Casey Brown