[Foundation-l] Advertising suggestion

Ray Saintonge saintonge at telus.net
Tue Mar 18 23:12:01 UTC 2008

Nathan wrote:
> Are there long range projections of any sort, or a long term plan that lays out
> goals over 5 or 10 or 15 years? That sort of planning is how you decide what you
> need and whether you need to be doing more or different - without it, its hard to
> say if you are aimed in a particular direction and impossible to see how close
> you are getting to achieving your goals.

I don't know if any such plans exist, especially given that the
treasurer's position is vacant, but I'm open to be pleasantly surprised.
> http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Vision is one line and was last (and only)
> edited 1 September 2007.

Vision statements don't change much anyway except if you want the whole
nature of the operation to change.  They're not much concrete help in
developing a business and financial plan.

Ec