[Foundation-l] Volunteer Council - A shot for a resolution

Dan Rosenthal swatjester at gmail.com
Sat Mar 15 02:30:12 UTC 2008

I'm not sure I agree at all with this solution. This sounds very much
to me like a voir dire of the potential members before they can ever
even be considered for the board. Who are these "others" that will
cull down the names to the short list? How were they chosen? What
right do they have to be excluding others from consideration before
the board? As a community organization, this council should be created
with the utmost of transparency. I don't see any reason for there to
be a short list. Rather, why not have a page on Meta where anyone who
wants can submit their name for consideration?

-Dan