[Foundation-l] Volunteer Council - A shot for a resolution

Yaroslav M. Blanter putevod at mccme.ru
Thu Mar 13 19:54:26 UTC 2008

I posted it earlier today on the Meta talk page, and I am not sure whether
we are discussing here or there, but anyway. I agree with those who think
that more than a hundred is way too much. 500 representatives can may be
hold a meeting once per year (where not everybody even gets a chance to
speak - if it is a real time meeting), and may be they can vote for smth
if needed, but it is absolutely impossible that 500 people can discuss
smth and agree on smth. If we really want a body that can prepare some
decisions (not just vote them) and deal with some issues, several dozens
is an absolute maximum. I would even say less, 20-30, but it is hard for
me to understand how 20-30 people can even remotely represent the
community.

Cheers,
Yaroslav