[Foundation-l] identity disclosure and access to OTRS/Checkuser

Philippe Beaudette philippebeaudette at gmail.com
Sun Jun 29 22:38:05 UTC 2008

On Jun 29, 2008, at 5:28 PM, Al Tally wrote:

> When I became an OTRS volunteer, I didn't need to send any ID (this
> was
> September 2007). When I ran in the steward election, I sent a photo
> of my
> passport, which was required. Still, it could be incredibly easy to
> forge
> such a thing, or use someone elses.

Mind you, I'm no lawyer, but I would think there are SIGNIFICANT legal
penalties to forging a passport to use as identification.  Even if not
(because you're not presenting it to a government authority), I would
think the Foundation has done appropriate due-diligence.  In any case,
WP:BEANS.
Philippe Beaudette
Tulsa, OK
philippebeaudette at gmail.com