[Foundation-l] identity disclosure and access to OTRS/Checkuser

Philippe Beaudette philippebeaudette at gmail.com
Sun Jun 29 18:36:05 UTC 2008

On Jun 25, 2008, at 2:45 PM, Mike Godwin wrote:

> I don't know what Kelly is referring to here. Cary doesn't make
> exceptions, routinely or otherwise, to the identification policy.
> Greg's experience is the norm, and it has been since I came on at the
> Foundation a year ago (one-year anniversary coming up in July!).
>

> --Mike

In my situation, a good chunk of the WMF staff knows me pretty well,
I'm spent a (not insignificant) amount of time in their offices, and
been through some fairly thorough questioning on various topics.  And
yet, when I needed access to private information for the board
elections, Cary - who can pick me out of a lineup and knows me
reasonably well, I think - asked to see my driver's license.

My gut feel and personal experience says that the policy is being
enforced fairly stringently.

Philippe