[Foundation-l] Simple Wikinews WAS: Please REJECT the latin wikinews project.inmediatly

Brian McNeil brian.mcneil at wikinewsie.org
Thu Jun 26 22:06:14 UTC 2008

I would like to make a modest proposal, although I am doing so here prior to
on-wiki. Why not have a Simple: namespace on the regular English Wikinews? I
don't see a separate project gathering enough momentum to sustain itself,
but I do see such being an excellent sub-project that helps Wikinews'
readership by 'breaking in' non-native speakers. It can easily have its own
Main Page with a link from the default main page, say "News for English
students" and a list showing the last handful of articles.

The separate namespace also allows for Simple stories to be derived from
existing Wikinews stories and use the same title. This would be of most use
when there are major events that attract dozens and dozens of contributors,
eg. The London Tube bombings.