[Foundation-l] Global rights proposal

Christiano Moreschi moreschiwikiman at hotmail.co.uk
Wed Jun 25 15:04:01 UTC 2008

> Oh, but English-only speaking Wikipedians who haven't participated in
> other projects are in a minority; by their own choice!

John, that's sheer sophistry. Fact: English-Wikipedia-only people constitute, I am sure, if not the majority of Wikimedians then at least the biggest minority. Quite apart from the fact that en is what the world actually reads. It's just stupid to give the Albanian Wikispecies the same clout as en. The en community deserves its voting block: there is no good reason to limit the powers of said block.

CM