[Foundation-l] New draft of privacy policy

Andrew Whitworth wknight8111 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 16 17:48:35 UTC 2008

On Mon, Jun 16, 2008 at 1:27 PM, Gregory Maxwell <gmaxwell at gmail.com> wrote:
> Okay. So why do we give a checkuser equivalent (releasing the IPs of
> unregistered users) to the entire world for something around half our
> contributors?

We don't "release" IPs, they are visible by default unless a person
chooses to create an account.  A person's IP is visible unless a
person chooses to make it private. Anonymous users don't have an
expectation of their IPs being kept private unless they've taken steps
to make it so. Registered users do have that expectation.

--Andrew Whitworth