[Foundation-l] New draft of privacy policy

Gerard Meijssen gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Mon Jun 16 17:06:11 UTC 2008

Hoi,
This is becoming a nice game of silly buggers. I will bite anyway.

One reason why we should not grant access to Special:Checkuser to everyone
is because it would have all kinds of really nasty side effects. For one it
would make the life of stalkers that much easier. Giving stalkers the use of
this tool would effectively harm first the community and because of the
implications it would then harm the project.

Thanks,
      GerardM