[Foundation-l] Stalking Article

Gerard Meijssen gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Sat Jun 14 12:25:50 UTC 2008

Hoi,
Stalking and anonymous editing are two completely different subjects.
Stalking is the subject of this threat. When you argue that true anonymity
does not exist, it is a two way street. It is also the stalker who is not
anonymous, it is exactly the stalker who is to be researched for his IP
address and his personal details.

Anonymity is not at issue here. What is at issue is how we deal with people
that stalk and the people that are stalked. As has been stated time and
again, stalking is a continuum with people going to prison and dying on one
extreme and scrutiny of edits by people on the other.

What I am looking for is a protocol for the legally actionable stalking. In
this protocol we describe a way of helping stalking victims in their dealing
with the police, how to find help.. The aim is to protect and prevent harm
to the victims, the community and its projects.
Thanks,
     GerardM