[Foundation-l] Stalking Article

Anthony wikimail at inbox.org
Fri Jun 13 10:49:26 UTC 2008

On Thu, Jun 12, 2008 at 6:32 PM, John Vandenberg <jayvdb at gmail.com> wrote:
> .. and if there are edits which you dont want tied to your real
> identity, create a sock, send the checkusers or arbcom a note so that
> there can be no confusion, and state on the userpage that it is a sock
> that the checkusers are aware of.

Well, I don't think I'd bother with all that checkuser/arbcom stuff.
If someone is confused, that's their problem, not mine.  They can
contact me through email to my main account if they have any
questions.  Last time I checked SPA's did not break any rules, and
there's a rule to ignore all rules anyway.

One thing I'd strongly recommend against is creating one of these SPAs
with the same name as the article title.  People are too dumb and
paranoid and fail to assume good faith.  Just ask
[[User:Virgin_United]].

Anyway, I'd be wary about what contributions I make under these
circumstances.  If I'm embarrassed by an edit, I should be resolving
that inner conflict before editing on a public wiki.  If an edit would
get me in trouble with a friend or relative (or boss or enemy), I
should be resolving that external conflict before editing on a public
wiki.  I can't think of any good reasons to edit Wikipedia
anonymously, and thus I've stopped doing it.