[Foundation-l] Baidupedia copyvio collections

Waerth waerth at asianet.co.th
Thu Jun 12 03:18:05 UTC 2008

IMHO, if they do not give proper attribution and do not respond (which
doesn't surprise me as I said earlier) and we do not have the resources
to do a lawsuit. There is only one way out. Make a stink about it and
make them loose face. In my experience here in Thailand this is a last
resort option here in this part of Asia. But most people here in this
region are more terrified to loose their face than anything else. If
they feel that they will loose face over an issue they will most
probably come and talk to get things straightened out. If not and we
make them loose face though, they will surely never talk to us again!

Like I said it would be a last resort and I have used this option myself
a couple of times with amazing results.

Waerth