[Foundation-l] Stalking Article

SlimVirgin slimvirgin at gmail.com
Mon Jun 9 20:46:55 UTC 2008

On Mon, Jun 9, 2008 at 3:29 PM, Dan Rosenthal <swatjester at gmail.com> wrote:
> I believe on English Wikipedia we have an arbitration finding to that effect
> (MONGO 1), that says that we should support victims of harassment (which
> stalking certainly qualifies as).
>
> -Dan

We do have that ruling, but it's consistently ignored, including by
ArbCom members. We allow people to use Wikipedia (posts to articles,
to talk pages, to AN/I, RfCs, and RfArs) to harass others; and then we
allow the harassment to be discussed; and then the discussions are
discussed, all of which creates more harassment for the target --
which is often the intent. It's a situation that has been going on for
a couple of years and is only getting worse; it's the reason the
cyberstalking list was started, but despite a lot of talk, there has
been no fundamental change. The bottom line is that we have to stop
giving people who have engaged in harassment a platform in the name of
free speech and AGF.

Sarah