[Foundation-l] Wikimedia mouvement

Florence Devouard Anthere9 at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 8 16:57:05 UTC 2008

I posted a proposition regarding the Wikimedia Mouvement here:
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Talk:Www.wikimedia.org_template

The general idea is to create a website which would report on our global
mouvement. Main benefits would be
* to present ourselves as a loose but nevertheless coordinated body of
some sort (public face)
* share practices and experiences between chapters and wmf

Situation right now is not satisfactory and I believe it likely to
create either more tension or more separation in the future. Generally,
information regarding wikimedia mouvement is hosted on
* internalwiki (private wiki shared between some chapters members and wmf),
* on meta (access to information is very confusing since it is mostly a
work-wiki and a wiki shared by many),
* on Foundationwiki (eg
http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Press_room/Media_Contact_2008)
* on each association website (eg http://wikimedia.de/)

Can we discuss that ? If you are supportive, please mention it on the
wiki page

Thanks

Ant