[Foundation-l] Board vote, need a bit of help

Kwan Ting Chan ktc at ktchan.info
Sat Jun 7 00:42:40 UTC 2008

On Fri, 2008-06-06 at 17:36 -0700, Michael Snow wrote:
> Philippe Beaudette wrote:
> > Harel appropriately answers your questions, Delphine.  The only thing that I
> > would clarify is that the system does, indeed, rank "unranked" candidates
> > with a 100 - they are assumed to be the least favored.
> >
> That prompts a question. Suppose I happened to rank one candidate at 1,
> one candidate at 2, one candidate at 101, one candidate at 102, one
> candidate at 201, one candidate at 202, and so on, but left other
> candidates unranked. Does the system allow these numbers? If the default
> for unranked candidates is 100, is the software still able to correctly
> sort out the order in which I preferred the candidates?

The system only allow rankings between 1 and 99 inclusive, by both
limiting a user with only being allowed to enter 2 characters with HTML
form attribute and by post submission checking for those cheeky enough
to deliberately disable HTML form limits.

If someone submit the form with anything other than the number 1 to 99
(with no leading zero for 1 to 9) in any of the fields, then it return
the user to the voting page with an error message at the top.

Regards,

KTC

  - Heinrich Heine