[Foundation-l] Board Election 2008 : fake candidature ?

Wily D wilydoppelganger at gmail.com
Mon Jun 2 14:36:09 UTC 2008

On Sun, Jun 1, 2008 at 5:45 PM, Philippe Beaudette
<philippebeaudette at gmail.com> wrote:

>> Just that the candidate gives on his candidature page links to his blocked
>> sockpuppets, and nothing else.
>> So it is impossible to know if he's really activ on another project.
>>
>>   Guérin Nicolas

>>> projects.
>>> is
>>>
>>> Just to clarify, that was a rhetorical question.

> He is, indeed, eligible to run.
>
> I'm not sure that we as an election committee would want to get involved in
> stating whether someone is a blocked or banned user: that seems dangerously
> close to advising someone how to vote, which we try very hard not to do - we
> do our best to remain totally neutral.

Indeed, if  the community really feels that Mr. Kohs is the best
candidate, we ought to let ourselves elect him.  If the community
feels he's unsuitable, or that someone else is better suited (and I
certainly believe the latter), then let them not elect him.

The community has lost enough influence on the board of late.  Let's
not snatch any more from them.

WilyD