[Foundation-l] Board Election 2008 : fake candidature ?

Ryan wiki.ral315 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 2 04:22:26 UTC 2008

On Sun, Jun 1, 2008 at 7:18 PM, Chad <innocentkiller at gmail.com> wrote:

> This is the reason the Board election is little more than a popularity
> contest.
> Looking at the credentials of those running, Greg is arguably more
> qualified
> (in terms of education and relevant experience) than most of those running.
> However, due to the fact that this election _is_ a popularity contest, he
> is
> unlikely to win.
>
> Personally, several of the candidates should withdraw, as they have clue as
> to how to manage a non-profit organization. Simply: they have no business
> there. However, I leave that for the voters to decide.
>

> -Chad

Of course popularity plays into the process; I can't name one actual
"election" where popularity is not a motivating factor.  I sincerely hope
that a candidate with some form of relevant experience, whether it be in
business, non-profit, or technical experience, is elected.  Perhaps this is
why the board restructuring, of which many protested and I'm undecided on,
was done.

As for Mr. Kohs, of course he's free to run, as he's met the requirements.
His record on the English Wikipedia can and probably should be part of a
voter's decision, along with many other variables, including his business
experience, and perhaps most importantly, his ideas.

--
[[User:Ral315]]