[Foundation-l] Voting

Anthony wikimail at inbox.org
Sun Jun 1 23:01:21 UTC 2008

On Sun, Jun 1, 2008 at 6:47 PM, Kwan Ting Chan <ktc at ktchan.info> wrote:
> When I first modified the software & interface, I got criticised for
> having _too much_ technical information in there that are confusing,
> hard for translator to translate, ...... So it was toned down, now the
> criticism is that there's not enough information there.
>
> The community need to decide on which side it want to come down on and
> stick to it.

"The community" consists of far too many people for that to be
possible.  That's why there is a *committee* to make these decisions.

Members of the committee will, naturally, be criticized no matter what
they do.  Please do *consider* the criticisms, but please don't try to
make *everyone* happy and criticism-free.

It's too bad Florence wasn't running in this election.  It would have
been nice to get a test run of a new voting method during an election
with an obvious outcome :).

Anthony