[Foundation-l] Ethics project on Wikiversity

Brian McNeil brian.mcneil at wikinewsie.org
Sun Jul 13 09:52:26 UTC 2008

User Moulton has started a Wikiversity project on ethical management of
Wikipedia.

http://en.wikiversity.org/wiki/Ethical_Management_of_the_English_Language_Wi
kipedia

With some of the initial discussion on the talk page suggesting things like
editors taking tests, ArbCom being replaced with paid professionals, I have
some concern that those involved with this are "forum shopping" for a place
where they can influence the running of Wikipedia.

This came to my attention when - as an apparent afterthought - Wikinews was
included in this. I have asked for that to be changed and that those
involved restrict themselves to projects they are familiar with.

I believe this should be given input from a wider community of editors,
hence raising it here.

Brian McNeil