[Foundation-l] Fwd: Wikimedia-wide global blocking mechanism?

Alex mrzmanwiki at gmail.com
Thu Jan 31 21:21:26 UTC 2008

Andrew Gray wrote:
> On 31/01/2008, Birgitte SB <birgitte_sb at yahoo.com> wrote:
>

>> This is the key problem.  I think that unless we are
>> capable of notifing all wikis of about the workings of
>> this process in a language they are proficient taking
>> blocks Wikimedia wide will cause a lot of harm.  Of
>> course an opt-in system would be very workable.
>>

> Would logging it in the local block-log system be an acceptable method
> of notification?

Ideally (at least to me) it would create an entry in each project's
block log and ipblocklist so it could easily be overridden by local
sysops so that collateral damage on a few projects would not require it
to be globally unblocked. Not sure how technically feasible that would
be though.

--
Alex (en:User:Mr.Z-man)