[Foundation-l] Fwd: Wikimedia-wide global blocking mechanism?

Dan Rosenthal swatjester at gmail.com
Thu Jan 31 15:29:48 UTC 2008

Yeah, it's not perfect, but it seems like it would be a good tool for
stewards to have. Only thing is, I'm envisioning a scenario where a
valid user with good contribs gets blocked, doesn't user meta, tries
to get unblocked at his home project, but cannot because he's not
locally blocked, and the user doesn't know how to get in touch with a
steward (Because he doesn't know of this policy) or doesn't understand
how to communicate with one.
I don't think it's necessarily that big of a deal, but I think it will
need a LOT of localization to be effective.

-Dan