[Foundation-l] Wikipedia songs

Ray Saintonge saintonge at telus.net
Mon Jan 28 17:43:52 UTC 2008

Erik Moeller wrote:
> Our IT manager, Rob Halsell, came over to San Francisco this weekend
> to set up the phones in the new Wikimedia Foundation offices. We're
> switching to an open source telephony solution based on Asterisk.
> Obviously, every phone system needs "on hold" music.
There's nothing obvious about that unless your intention is to annoy
people.  A lot of this elevator music makes me want to hang up.  The
upbeat stuff is the worst.  If people must endure this kind of torture
make it low volume Gregorian Chant or meditation music.

If I want music I'm quite capable of turning on the radio or starting a CD.

Ec