[Foundation-l] "Historical" languages and constructed languages

Andre Engels andreengels at gmail.com
Fri Jan 25 12:10:03 UTC 2008

2008/1/25, Gerard Meijssen <gerard.meijssen at gmail.com>:
> Hoi,
> When you are a reader, a student of a constructed language, encyclopaedic
> content provides the material that allows you to learn the language in the
> most optimal way. It is exactly the reading of content in a particular
> subject matter what allows you to learn the vocabulary. This is not achieved
> by finding the words in a dictionary. This makes an encyclopaedia
> educational on several levels and Wikipedia the best project for a
> constructed language.

I think you're getting into WP:NOT territory. Wikipedia is there for
giving information - information about the subject being discussed.
Although I would of course not at all mind people using Wikipedia in
the way you describe, it is not what Wikipedia in any language is for
- or should be for, in my opinion.

Andre Engels, andreengels at gmail.com
ICQ: 6260644  --  Skype: a_engels