[Foundation-l] Seeking clarification

Gerard Meijssen gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Tue Jan 22 23:55:55 UTC 2008

Hoi,
The projects that have failed are the ones that showed no activity, had no
content. For active projects it is appropriate and safe to leave their
continued existence to their community. When an active project is in
violation of our basic principles, they are told to do better and this has
been enforced on several occasions. In the case of legal issues, a project
can be killed and projects have been killed for legal reasons.

Projects, communities are autonomous to a very large degree. Hosting an
uninteresting project does not cost us much. When it gets to the stage where
the community is gone, no activity not even the minimal maintenance can be
observed, projects do get killed or moved sideways. I do not advocate
killing of projects as long as there is life in them. We should not kill
what is a living breathing project operating within our basic principles.
Thanks,
     GerardM