[Foundation-l] The problem with Flash

Chad innocentkiller at gmail.com
Sun Jan 20 18:05:53 UTC 2008

No, I think he's pointing out the issues with this that state why we
shouldn't use it now;
this has agreement, I believe. Not to mention, until Adobe releases
those patents or
makes Flash an open standard, there will never be a 100% (that's
gratis AND libre)
implementation of it, ever, as Ben said.

However, the question still remains: why is it the WMF's job to
provide a PR boost
for a (seemingly) startup? Wouldn't we get further by helping Gnash directly?

Somebody knows somebody, that much appears clear to me now.

Chad