[Foundation-l] Wikipedia Invites Users to Take Part in Open, Collaborativ...

Gerard Meijssen gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Sat Jan 19 00:53:22 UTC 2008

Hoi,
To quote Wikipedia (the source provided by Greg):
"But when he returns home, his father greets him with open arms, and hardly
gives him a chance to express his repentance; he kills a "fatted calf" to
celebrate his return. The older brother becomes jealous at the favored
treatment of his faithless brother and upset at the lack of reward for his
own faithfulness. But the father responds: Son, thou art ever with me, and
all that I have is thine. It was meet that we should make merry, and be
glad: for this thy brother was dead, and is alive again; and was lost, and
is found."

Luke 15:11-32 the rest is a matter of interpretation. But to quote Wikipedia
again: "the Lost Sheep, the Lost Coin, and the Lost Son — make up a dual
plea for repentance to the audience of Publicans and sinners and a rebuttal
to the listening Pharisees."

Then again I do not make a habit of quoting the bible and all I wanted to
say to Greg is that his choise for a quote was not strong. I value his
opinion even if I do not always agree.

Thanks,
    GerardM