[Foundation-l] Wikimedia Foundation's partnership with Kaltuna and loss of freedom

Gerard Meijssen gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Fri Jan 18 10:52:46 UTC 2008

Hoi,
It may not have a basis in fact. However, when a person comes along
condemning the WMF, and being accused of being disruptive in other projects
I do not have to spend *my *time on him or on his arguments. When the guy is
more moderate in his language I may read him next time.

There is no excuse for trashing or trolling other peoples projects. There is
no excuse for someone from one WMF project to troll on other WMF projects
either. The notion that someone should be given a safe haven because he can
be constructive on any particular wiki is likely to be for as long as such a
project conforms to his ideas.. When people are disruptive elsewhere and use
unacceptable means, they are likely to become disruptive when things happen
that they do not like. Alternatively, they grow up.
Thanks,
     GerardM